Dermal Fillers in NYC
With the rise of social media, many individuals feel pressure to always appear camera-ready. Whether you are a media personality or have a less high-profile life, your facial appearance matters. Smoothing your skin with dermal fillers can keep you looking fresh and young far longer than nature dictates. Injections with dermal fillers are fast and minimally invasive. The right dermal filler, when injected conservatively, can smooth wrinkles and fine lines and restore or enhance facial, leaving you looking younger and refreshed.
Dr. Darrick Antell: A Conservative Approach Brings Superior Results
Dr. Antell is widely known as being one of New York’s most talented plastic surgeons, listed “Top Plastic Surgeon” by Harper’s Bazaar, Town and Country, Vogue, and New York Magazine many times throughout his illustrious career. He believes that “plastic surgery should whisper, not scream,” meaning he takes care to ensure that his work produces natural results that enhance your natural beauty. As a result, he takes a conservative approach with dermal fillers – his results are never overfilled or puffy. Dr. Antell uses the most advanced injection techniques to produce improvements that appear entirely natural, fresh, and youthful.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are scientifically-formulated injectable treatments, usually made from a naturally-occurring sugar: hyaluronic acid. Dermal fillers can help reduce the appearance of aging skin on your face and hands by restoring soft, natural volume and can be used to treat:
- Fine lines
- Creases between your brows
- Sunken cheeks
- Thin lips
- Lip lines
- Restoring volume to temples, cheeks, jawline, or other facial areas
- Non-surgically reshaping your nose
Dermal fillers have the benefit of producing immediate improvements in a treatment that requires only minutes to complete.
Types of Dermal Fillers
Juvéderm is one of the most popular dermal fillers designed to smooth and restore volume to your face. Dr. Antell offers the full range of Juvéderm products, including:
- Juvéderm Voluma is designed to restore volume to your cheek area, providing lift and contouring your cheeks. Juvéderm Voluma is perfect for anyone who suffers from sunken, sagging, or hollow cheeks.
- Juvéderm Volbella is a soft, thin filler that’s ideal for smoothing fine and shallow lines, especially those around your eyes or lips.
- Juvéderm Vollure is designed to correct deeper creases in your skin, such as the folds between your nose and mouth when you smile. Juvéderm Vollure restores structure and firmness to lax skin but still allows for natural facial movement and expression.
- Juvéderm Ultra is a soft and supple filler designed to plump and enhance thin lips.
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC is designed to produce long-lasting and dramatic results in areas with deep creases as well as plumping your lips.
You can expect Juvéderm results to last anywhere from six months to two years, depending on where it is placed and your body’s reaction to the filler.
Restylane is one of the top alternatives to Juvéderm, providing similar results but with a slightly different formula. The Restylane family of products we offer includes:
- Restylane® Original is an all-purpose product to address creases throughout your face.
- Restylane® Defyne is a thicker, more intensive product to address severe and deep creases, especially those that appear between your mouth and nose.
- Restylane® Refyne is designed to treat moderate smile and laugh lines.
- Restylane® Silk is scientifically formulated to plump your lips and smooth the lines around them.
- Restylane® Lyft adds volume to your cheeks, smooths facial wrinkles, and can also be used to smooth wrinkles in the back of your hands.
Restylane® products typically last from between eight months to two years, depending on the formula used and how rapidly your body absorbs the product. It tends to resorb more quickly in highly mobile parts of the body, such as the lips.
Radiesse is unique in the realm of dermal fillers, with an active ingredient called calcium hydroxylapatite, a mineral found in your teeth and other areas of your body. Radiesse has the unique benefit that the product itself stimulates your skin’s natural production of collagen, leaving benefits long after the direct results of the injections have faded.
Radiesse has many uses, including:
- Smoothing fine lines and wrinkles
- Reducing the appearance of deep folds around your mouth when you smile
- Restoring volume in your cheeks and hands
- Restoring volume to and contour your jawline
- Minimizing the appearance of acne scars
Am I a candidate for dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are an ideal solution for those who want to treat facial aging without invasive surgery. If you want to smooth wrinkles and fine lines on your face, plump your cheeks and lips, or create a more youthful, refreshed look, then you are likely an ideal candidate for dermal fillers. You may not be a candidate if you:
- Have active skin infections or non-healed sores from injuries.
- Are pregnant
- Are allergic to beef or bovine products,
- Suffer from autoimmune diseases,
- Are allergic to lidocaine (the anesthetic agent contained in most dermal fillers)
What can I expect?
Receiving dermal fillers is a quick procedure with minimal discomfort and no downtime. You can expect immediate results, though some dermal fillers take up to a week for optimal results to appear. Minimal bruising and swelling in the targeted areas are common immediately after treatment but typically go away relatively quickly.
How do I get started?
Dr. Antell’s state-of-the-art practice on Park Avenue in the Upper East Side of New York City offers the most modern and innovative surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments. One of the top plastic surgeons in the country, Dr. Antell is known for his artistry, technical skill, and natural results. Call our office today at (212) 988-4040 to schedule a consultation.
Meet Dr. Antell
Dr. Darrick Antell is a top New York plastic surgeon, who specializes in cosmetic and aesthetic surgery. He repeatedly appears on the Best Doctors Lists for Town and Country, Vogue, and New York Magazine. In a career that spans over twenty years and more than ten thousand procedures, Dr. Antell combines meticulous surgical skills, the latest and safest of medical technologies, and the distinct eye of an artist, allowing his results to whisper, not scream.
Our New York plastic surgeon is an official spokesperson for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and has memberships in many regional and national medical societies, including the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Antell is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
He has won numerous awards, including Fellow of the Jacques W. Maliniac Circle of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare, Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in America, and President's Citizenship Award, Medical Society of the State of New York.